The Daily Illini police blotter for July 25

By Veronica Mierek, Contributing writer

Theft was reported on the 100 block of North Mattis Avenue around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim left his camera bag at this location and it was stolen.

An arrest was made on the charge of battery on the 2100 block of West White Street around 2 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect battered the victim after being told to leave her apartment.

Deceptive practices were reported on the 300 block of East Daniel Street around 3 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspects ordered food through an online service and did not pay the victim. No enforcement action has been taken at the time of the report.

Nothing to report.

Harassment was reported on the 200 block of South Lynn Street around 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender and victim were formerly dating. The offender called and texted the victim multiple times after being asked to stop.

An arrest was made on the charge of criminal damage to property on the 700 block of North Coler Avenue around 9 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect threw a brick through the victim’s front window, causing significant damage.

Animal cruelty was reported on the 800 block of Indiana Avenue around 4 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender’s dog was left without food, water or adequate shelter. The dog was taken to animal control.