The Daily Illini police blotter for July 31

By Veronica Mierek, Contributing Writer

Fleeing from police was reported near North Country Fair Drive and West Champaign Avenue around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender fled from a traffic stop.

Disorderly conduct was reported on the 00 block of Logan Street around 5:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender threw an unknown item at the victim’s vehicle. The vehicle was not damaged.

Burglary and fraud were reported on the 2000 block of Glenn Park Drive around 3 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s vehicle was broken into and her purse and its contents were stolen. The offender then used the victim’s credit cards.

An arrest was made on the charge of theft at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Building, 306 N. Wright St., around 7:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the suspect had stolen a bicycle from a rack minutes before his arrest.

Theft was reported on the 1800 block of Orchard Place around 10 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was stolen from a rack.

Possession of drug paraphernalia was reported on the 1000 block of Kerr Avenue around 9:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim overdosed on heroin while parked in an apartment parking lot. The two other passengers in the car admitted to also using heroin and needles were located inside and immediately outside of the vehicle. All of the individuals were transported to a hospital.

An arrest was made on the charges of battery and resisting arrest on the 800 block of Division Avenue around 8 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender battered his boyfriend then proceeded to resist arrest.

Theft was reported near Florida Avenue and Philo Road around 7:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender took the victim’s cell phone out of her hand and ran.