The Daily Illini police blotter for Aug. 8

By Veronica Mierek, Contributing Writer

An arrest was made on the charge of battery on the 300 block of West Church Street around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and the offender got into an argument over money and the offender battered the victim. The offender was issued a notice to appear in court for battery.

Theft was reported at Talecris Plasma Resources, 241 S. Mattis Ave., around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim’s bike lock was cut and his bike was stolen while he was donating plasma.

An arrest was made on the charge of theft on the 2500 block of Sangamon Drive around 5 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender removed jewelry from the victim’s home without permission. The offender was located, issued a notice to appear in court, then released on scene.

Nothing to report.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1300 block of Brookstone Court around 4 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender used an unknown object to scratch the victim’s vehicle.

An arrest was made on the charge of trespassing on the 1500 block of Hunter Street around 2:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the suspect had a no trespass order at the location of arrest. She refused to leave the premises and was arrested.

Theft was reported at Leal Park, 303 W. University Ave., around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s purse from the park.