The Daily Illini police blotter for Aug. 31

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charge of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon on the 1200 block of Providence Circle around 8 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, officers observed the suspect in possession of a handgun with an extended magazine. A search warrant was obtained and a handgun, ammunition and magazines were recovered.

Theft under $500 was reported on the 900 block of West Armory Avenue around 9 a.m. Friday. According to the report, packages were discovered opened and items were missing and hidden several houses away from their shipping address.

A 21-year-old male was arrested on the charges of driving under the influence of alcohol, leaving the scene of an accident and resisting a police officer on Fourth and Healey streets around 1:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect’s car struck two parked cars, and when police arrived, he ran away from the scene.

Theft was reported at Townsend Hall, 918 W. Illinois St., Monday. According to the report, the victim lost his wallet. When it was found, cash was missing from it.

Residential burglary was reported on the 400 block of Michigan Avenue around 3 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment.

Theft under $500 was reported on the 1000 block of Killarney Street around midnight Friday. According to the report, the victim was asked to leave a hotel after a disagreement with the staff, he then reported money was stolen from his room.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 1300 block of East Michigan Avenue around 8:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender lives with the two victims and was reported as the initial aggressor in current arguments.