New dean announced for College of Media

By Madalyn Velisaris, Staff Writer

The College of Media announced Tracy Sulkin as the new dean starting Sunday.

Sulkin previously served as a professor in LAS and was then the interim executive associate dean of the College. 

Sulkin was nominated for the position by Andreas C. Cangellaris, vice chancellor for Academic Affairs and provost. Her new role as dean is a recommended 3-year assignment.

She said when her term as the dean of Media comes to a close, she expects to return to the Department of Political Science, where she was a professor.

“My goal as dean would be to make sure we’re offering the best possible experiences for undergraduate and graduate students that we can,” Sulkin said. “To really highlight the really interesting research and creative endeavor that’s run by our faculty and to think about the ways in which the work that we do here serves the University and the community as a whole.”

Sulkin said there are a number of faculty in the College of Media working on many interesting projects and ideas in their areas of study and where their industries are heading.

“Our goal is to remain cutting-edge, and so a lot of that is going to come from the ideas of faculty and students about where they want to take the college and how we can work together to meet those goals and those aspirations,” she said.

Sulkin said she is pleased to be appointed to her new position and is excited to work with many talented students and faculty members, and she thinks the College is going very exciting places.

“I think this is a great time for the College, and it’s a really exciting time to be leading them,” Sulkin said.