The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 20

By The Daily Illini staff report

Theft under $500, credit card fraud and burglary were reported on the 2000 block of North Neil Street around 7 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s wallet and used the credit card inside.

Aggravated assault was reported on the 2500 block of West Springfield Avenue around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the two offenders got into an argument, and one offender pointed a gun at the other.

An arrest was made on the charge of domestic battery on the 00 block of East John Street around 9:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect battered the victim, who is the suspect’s roommate.   

A court appearance was issued on Illinois Street and Goodwin Avenue around 11 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender stole a bicycle and was issued a notice to appear in court for theft.

A man was reported to have approached and spoken to women on Green Street around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the women felt uncomfortable, and police officers issued the offender a no-trespassing notice for all University property.

An internet scam was reported around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender claimed to have a video of the victim engaged in a sexual act and threatened the student with the video unless money was sent to the offender.

Illegal dumping was reported on the 200 block of South Poplar Street around 11 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender placed a television in the victim’s rented dumpster.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 2200 block of East Country Squire Drive around 11 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender and the victim are in a dating relationship and live together. They got into a verbal argument and a TV was broken.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 800 block of Division Avenue around 1 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged the victim’s window and entered their vacant apartment.