The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 27

By Samantha Boyle, Daytime News Editor

Theft under $500 was reported on the 300 block of West Church Street around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim said his cell phone was stolen from a park bench.

Resisting and obstructing a police officer was reported on the 600 block of East Columbia Street around 4 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the Street Crimes Task Force officers saw a wanted suspect. The suspect fled but was quickly apprehended.

A violation of bail bond was reported on the 1300 block of West White Street around 8 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender sent a message, which violated a no-contact order with the victim.

Theft was reported at the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, 105 S. Mathews Ave., around 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the bicycle has an estimated value of $350 and was locked to a rack.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 1400 block of Beech Street around 1 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and the offender have been living together for years. The victim, who is the grandmother of the offender, and the offender got into a verbal argument while the offender was moving out of the house.