The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 20

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 900 block of West Bradley Avenue around 6 p.m. Monday. According to the report, a cell phone was stolen from an unlocked vehicle.

Theft was reported on the 400 block of West Washington Street around 3:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a package off the victim’s porch.

Kidnapping, sexual abuse and battery were reported on the 600 block of East Green Street around 4 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender forced a female into a vehicle, fondled and battered before being released.

Property damage was reported in a basement tunnel between Roger Adams Laboratory and Noyes Laboratory on the 600 block of South Mathews Avenue between Friday and Monday. According to the report, a University employee reported someone painted a swastika in the tunnel. The estimated cost to repair the damage was not available at the time of the report.

Theft was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Dr., between 5:45-8 p.m. on Nov. 7. According to the report, the belongings, which have an estimated value of $350, were left unattended in an unsecured locker.

Theft was reported at the Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, 105 S. Mathews Ave., around 1 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the bicycle, which has an estimated value of $90, was locked to a rack.

Domestic battery was reported on the 700 block of Main Street around 8 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim and offender are grandmother and granddaughter respectively. The victim and offender both claimed the other person battered them first. There were no witnesses to the battery.

Burglary was reported on the 200 block of Nevada Street around 5 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered victim’s unlocked vehicle that was parked in her driveway and took several items.