The Daily Illini police blotter for Dec. 5

Back to Article
Back to Article

Theft over $500 was reported on the 100 block of East Green Street around 7:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a package was delivered to the victim’s residence and stolen.

Residential burglary was reported on the 2500 block of West Springfield Avenue around 5 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a victim’s apartment was broken into and burglarized. Things such as food and electronics were stolen.

Deceptive practices was reported on the 300 block of South Randolph around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender deposited a fraudulent check at his bank and then attempted to deposit another one the next day.

Nothing to report.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 600 block of Broadway Avenue around 5:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, a victim’s window was damaged when an unknown offender damaged it with an unknown object.

Domestic dispute was reported on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 11 p.m. Monday. According to the report the offender had a mental health episode stemming a verbal argument between the victim and the offender. The victim and offender lived together and engaged and were in a dating relationship.

Residential burglary and criminal damage to property was reported on the 500 block of Fairlawn Drive around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an offender forced entry into the victims home, but did not take anything. It appeared to be only an attempt.