The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 22

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Unlawful possession and use of a weapon by a felon were reported on the 1500 block of Hedge Road around 6:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, during a search warrant of a residence, a loaded 9 mm handgun was found. The suspect, who was on parole, was arrested for unlawful possession and use of a weapon and transported to the Champaign County Jail.

Theft was reported on the 300 block of East Beardsley Avenue around 9:30 a.m. Friday. According to the report, approximately $4,000 worth of power tools were stolen from the victim’s rental property. The victim suspects a person he hired to do home repairs on the property took the power tools. The theft originally occurred Jan. 13.

Theft was reported at Walgreens, 1509 S. Neil St., around noon Friday. According to the report, three females stole over $2,000 worth of perfume. One subject had a key that was used to unlock the glass cabinets where the perfume was displayed.

Theft was reported at the Activities and Recreation Center, 201 E. Peabody Drive, around 4 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a winter coat was stolen from a bench on the second floor of the ARC. Items inside the coat, ID card, keys and a case for wireless headphones, were also stolen. The winter coat and other items were valued to be over $400.

Vandalism was reported at the Aeronomy Lab, 4810 N. High Cross Road, around 3:30 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the windows of two doors, one of them a sliding glass door, were broken out, resulting in an estimated $1,500 in damage. No evidence of theft was found.

Theft was reported at Hopkins Hall, 1208 S. First St., around 3 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, a shirt and sunglasses valued at $1,750 were stolen from a room on the third floor of Hopkins Hall. The room was left unlocked.

Nothing to report.