The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 8

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported at Lover’s Playground, 33 E. Springfield Ave., around 10 a.m. on Feb. 1. According to the report, the suspect concealed an item and walked beyond all the purchase points in the store without attempting to pay for the item.

Fraud was reported at Hertz, 707 N. Mattis Ave., around 11 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, a victim from the state of Oklahoma reported their credit card was used to rent a car in Champaign.

Theft was reported at Ace Hardware, 2021 S. Neil St., around 3 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a suspect attempted to return stolen property. He left the store with the property when the return was denied.

Theft was reported at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 5 p.m. Friday. According to the report, security called police after seeing a University student attempt to leave the store without paying for a textbook. The textbook was worth $69.

Burglary was reported on the 500 block of Michigan Avenue around 1 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke into the victim’s vehicle and stole a couple of items.