The Daily Illini police blotter for March 7

Forgery was reported at Busey Bank, 909 W. Kirby Ave., around 11 a.m., Tuesday. According to the report, a forged check was deposited at Busey Bank by an unknown offender.

Theft was reported at Red Lion, 211 E. Green St., around 1 p.m., Wednesday. According to the report, the victim reported his driver’s license and wallet were stolen.  

Identity theft was reported on the 100 block of Arbours Drive, around 7 p.m., Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown suspect called the victim’s bank and attempted to access the victim’s line of credit. The suspect provided the bank employee with all of the victim’s personal information.

Deceptive practices was reported on Tuesday. According to the report, a University employee received an email directing him to purchase $500 in gift cards for his boss’s son’s birthday from a person claiming to be his boss. The employee purchased and transmitted gift card information to the offender. The employee realized the email was a scam after talking to coworkers afterward. The gift-card company was contacted and canceled the cards before any transactions were made. The employee was refunded his money.

Vandalism was reported Saturday. According to the report, the victim’s car was keyed between Feb.27 and Saturday. The estimated cost for repair is $150.

Theft was reported at Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 4:30 p.m., Tuesday. According to the report, the offender stole a $12.84 screwdriver set from the bookstore.

Burglary was reported on the 400 block of Michigan Avenue, around 8 a.m., Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender unlocked and entered the victim’s car. The offender took multiple items from the car. Some of the items were recovered nearby.

Theft was reported at Carle Foundation Hospital, 611 W. Park St., around 3 p.m., Wednesday. According to the report, the victim misplaced two debit cards. An unknown offender used the debit cards at numerous businesses within Champaign-Urbana.

Fraud was reported at Circle K, 1821 Philo Road, around 4 p.m., Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s lost credit card was used at multiple businesses within Champaign-Urbana. The victim lost her credit card at a gas station.