MTD bus routes changes as part of enhancement project

Mark Capapas

The 13N Silver stopping in front of the YMCA due to construction on Tuesday.

Stage one of Project 4 of Multimodal Corridor Enhancement Project started earlier this week, resulting in some route changes for the Champaign-Urbana Mass Transit District buses. MCORE is a partnership between Champaign, Urbana, the University and MTD.

Several routes and stops will be changed during construction, which will last for three months. Currently, only southbound routes are affected.

Here are all the buses that are affected by the construction:

13/130 Silver:

North — Armory stop not functioning; South — Springfield to Goodwin to Gregory to Sixth to Pennsylvania to Lincoln, does not go down Armory.

1/100 Yellow:

North — Armory stop not functioning; South — Wright to Green to Goodwin to Gregory; Transit Plaza and Armory stop not functioning.

4 Blue:

East — Armory stop not in function; West — Wright to Green to Goodwin to Gregory to Sixth; Transit and Armory stops not functioning.

9A Brown:

Wright to Green to Goodwin to Gregory to Sixth. Transit and Armory stops not in function.

22/220 Illini:

North — No changes; South — Green to Fourth to Daniel, does not go down Armory. Transit and Armory stops not in use.

New designated stops:

Fourth and Daniel (NW Corners)

Wright and Chalmers replaces Armory for most northbound routes.

Fourth and Green (SW Far Side)

Fourth and John (NW Corners)

Correction: A previous version of this article states MTD started the project with full control over it.
Correction: A previous version of this article states only northbound routes are affected.
Correction: A previous version of this article states Fourth and Daniel (SE) and (NW) replaces stops along Armory and remains a stop. The Daily Illini regrets these errors.