The Daily Illini police blotter for April 4

Theft was reported at Daily Bread, 116 N. First St., around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim had money stolen from her purse by two acquaintances.

Criminal damage to property was reported at the corner of North Elm and West Church streets, around 4 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender threw a rock through the rear driver side window of the victim’s vehicle. 

Deceptive practices was reported around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim responded to an online job ad and received a check for $1,750. The online employer directed the victim to purchase $1,400 in gift cards and he would be able to keep the rest of the money. Later, the victim was sent two checks that totaled to $4,700 and was told to purchase $3,000 in gift cards, again being told he can keep the rest. The victim transferred the gift card information to the online employer and tried to cash in the checks, but was told the checks were fake. 

Theft was reported at the Armory, 505 E. Armory Ave., around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the bicycle was locked to a rack when stolen. Its value was estimated at $200.

Burglary was reported on the 2000 block of Anderson Street, around 8 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a pistol and and holster from the victim’s vehicle.

Theft was reported on the 2500 block of Prairie Green Drive, around 6 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender took the victim’s electric wheelchair that had been parked outside of their apartment building.

Identity theft was reported on the 800 block of Fairview Avenue, around 4 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, an unknown offender used a fake identification to unsuccessfully attempt to retrieve U.S. currency from the bank account of the victim. The offender also fraudulently opened two store credit cards in the victim’s name.