The Daily Illini police blotter for April 22

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported on the 2900 block of Maplewood Drive, around 11 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, officers responded to a call of shots fired. Upon arrival at the scene, officers reported property damage, but no injuries.

Domestic battery was reported on the 600 block of Ridgewood Center, around 6 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, during a verbal altercation between a male and female, both parties alleged that they were shoved by the other party. 

Burglary was reported on the 500 block of Locust Street, around 2 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim had various items stolen from his apartment, including cash and an electronic game system.

Theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around midnight Thursday. According to the report, a student’s cell phone was stolen after it was left unattended at a study table.

Theft was reported at Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., around 1 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim inadvertently left cash in his room when he checked out. When he returned to the room to retrieve the cash, it was gone.

Obstructing identification and resisting a police officer was reported at Smith Hall, 805 S. Mathews Ave., around 3 a.m. Friday. According to the report, police were initially called after a service worker found the student intoxicated on the floor of the hall. The student refused to show identification when officers asked and pulled away from police during an evaluation by paramedics.

Burglary was reported on the 700 block of West Elm Street, around 5 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender used force to enter the victim’s residence and steal a laptop, which belonged to the victim.

Driving under the influence was reported at the intersection of Washington and Lanore Street, around 6 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the offender was stopped by a police officer for making several traffic sign violations on a public roadway. When the offender showed signs of impairment, she was arrested and transported to the hospital for chemical testing, then to the Champaign County jail.

Theft and trespassing was reported on the 2000 block of Vawter Street, around 4 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim and offender who had previously been in a dating relationship began a verbal altercation. During the altercation, the offender took the victim’s vehicle without her permission and has not yet been located.