The Daily Illini police blotter for May 3

Theft was reported at Macy’s, 2000 N. Neal St., around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, ten offenders entered the store and stole multiple items, including clothes and perfumes. The stolen items were valued an estimated $3,832.

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated battery at McDonald’s, 1605 S. Neil St., around 8 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect got into a verbal confrontation with employees and another customer. The suspect then grabbed employee. 

Attempted burglary was reported on the 2000 block of Joanne Lane, around 3 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s rear door to his home was kicked in, but nothing was reported stolen. 

Theft was reported at University parking garage B4, 1201 W. University Ave. According to the report, police received an anonymous tip about a University employee showing suspicious behavior while working as a parking meter mechanic. An investigation found the mechanic was stealing coins from University meters.

Harassment was reported at Campbell Hall, 300 N. Goodwin Ave., around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a letter was sent threatening violence against Illinois lawmakers, pension receivers and labor union officials. Copies of the letter was also sent to state representatives.

Disorderly conduct was reported at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 1 a.m. Friday. According to the report, two victims were approached by the offender, who made alarming, inappropriate comments.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1000 block of Kerr Avenue, around 3 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the glass of a common entrance of an apartment building was broken.

Domestic battery was reported on the 1000 block of Kerr Avenue, around 6 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim and offender — a married couple — were in a physical argument. The offender battered the victim and resisted the officers by not allowing them inside the residency and pulling away from them.