The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 4

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 00 block of Hedge Court around midnight Sunday. According to the report, an offender damaged the victim’s property during an argument. The offender fled but was later located and arrested.

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported at Parkland Point Apartments, 2002 W. Bradley Avenue, around 1 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, police found 16 shell casings of different calibers in the Parkland Point parking lot. The police were originally dispatched for shots fired.

Theft was reported in the 2100 block of West White Street around 11 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim, a delivery driver for Wing Stop, had $57 worth of food taken from her.

Theft was reported at Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., around 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim left her backpack unattended for a couple of minutes in a public lobby. The backpack, containing a laptop, was then stolen. The backpack and laptop had an estimated value of $850.

Driving under the influence of drugs was reported in the 500 block of South Neil Street around 2 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, the offender was stopped by a police officer who recognized him. The offender tried to run away but was apprehended shortly after a struggle. An officer’s finger was broken. Officers found a stolen loaded gun in the offender’s vehicle.

Theft was reported at Bunny’s Tavern, 119 W. Water St., around 10 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim had a computer stolen out of her car by an unknown offender.

Domestic battery was reported in the 2000 block of Vawter Street around 11 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim and offender, who are in a dating relationship, had a verbal argument. The offender then punched the victim in the chest, but no injuries were reported. The offender denied the allegations. 

Theft was reported in the 2000 block of Vawter Street around 4 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender stole the victim’s cell phone and money after the victim had invited the offender into the victim’s home.