The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 5

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Animal cruelty was reported in the 300 block of Cottage Court, around 2 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender hit a dog with his belt. 

Domestic battery was reported in the 2400 block of North Neil Street, around 7 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and offender got into an argument about a cigarette, which led to the offender attacking the victim.

Battery was reported in the 900 block of Alagna Drive, around 10 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the offender was having a verbal argument with the mother of his children. The fight escalated, and the offender battered the mother’s father.

Public indecency was reported in the 2200 block of Hazelwood Drive, around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a University student witnessed a man in her apartment building stairwell engaging in an indecent act.

Theft was reported at Casa Del Mar, 2870 S. Philo Rd., around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, three unknown offenders ordered and ate food at the restaurant and left without paying.

Theft was reported at Campus Circle Apartments, 1010 W. University Ave., around 11 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was stolen by an unknown offender. The bicycle was stored in a secure location within the victim’s apartment complex.

Theft was reported in the 1900 block of North Lincoln Avenue, around 10 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a package belonging to the victim was stolen by an unknown offender.