The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 12

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at Schnuck’s, 109 N. Mattis Ave., around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s cash and cell phone were stolen from her unlocked vehicle.

Credit card fraud was reported in the 3200 block of Sharp Drive, around 9 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender used the victim’s credit card twice without approval at the Savoy Walmart.

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 100 block of Kenwood Road, around 4 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim arrived home to find his door was kicked in.

Theft, fraud and sexual harassment was reported at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., around 4 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim discovered that his misplaced phone valued at $167 had been used to make fraudulent purchases through an online shopping account. The offender also sent lewd photographs to the victim’s contacts after accessing the victim’s social media profile.

Theft was reported at the Digital Computer Laboratory, 1304 W. Springfield Ave., around 3 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s electric scooter, valued at $440, had been stolen while left unattended outside the building.

Residential burglary was reported in the 2400 block of Whitson Circle, around 4 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked residence and stole the victim’s television set.

Domestic battery was reported in the 800 block of West Main Street, around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an independent witness reported an unknown male battering a female victim on a public sidewalk. The female victim was uncooperative with police and only referred to the offender as her boyfriend. 

Deceptive practices was reported in the 1100 block of North Coler Avenue, around 8 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender collected money from the victim under the pretense of subletting an apartment when the offender had no intention of subletting the apartment.