The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 20

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Trespassing was reported in the 500 block of Crescent Drive around 7 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the ex-girlfriend of the victim forcefully entered the victim’s apartment and took his phone. She removed the battery and SIM card and left.

Burglary was reported in the 4000 block of Balmoral Drive around 9 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, unknown offenders entered the victim’s vehicle, which was parked inside the victim’s open garage. The offenders took the keys to the car but not the car itself.

Harassment was reported in the 2000 block of Moreland Boulevard around 10 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim was being contacted by the offender even after the offender was told not to do so. The offender also entered the victim’s apartment without permission.

Extortion was reported around noon Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender tried to extort money from a University student who had posted indecent photos of themselves online. The offender threatened to release the photos to a wider audience if the student did not comply and pay the offender.

Theft was reported at Talbot Laboratory, 104 S. Wright St., around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a University student’s bicycle was stolen. The bicycle was parked at a rack but was not locked to it. The bicycle was worth an estimated $200.

Theft was reported at Lundgren Hall, 1201 S. Fourth St., around 6 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University student’s bicycle was stolen. The bicycle was locked to a rack and had an estimated value of $300.

Burglary was reported in the 900 block of South Vine Street around 10 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a purse and its contents from the victim’s unsecured vehicle. The offender then used a debit card at an Urbana business.