The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 23

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

• Criminal damage to property was reported at The Phoenix Drop-In Center, 70 E. Washington St., around 8 a.m. Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke windows using rocks, but there was no entry into the business.
  • Battery was reported in the 3800 block of Colleen Drive around midnight Saturday. According to the report, the victim was pepper-sprayed by an acquaintance. The pepper spray caused the victim to crash her vehicle into an apartment building. The vehicle also sustained damage from a kitchen knife, which was used by the acquaintance.
  • Theft was reported in the 300 block of West Springfield Avenue around 4 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s car near First Avenue and Healy Street before crashing the vehicle near State Street and Springfield Avenue.

• Fraud was reported on Sunday. According to the report, a University student had fraudulent charges on his credit card totaling $2,120.
  • Theft was reported at Kenney Gym, 1402 W. Springfield Ave., around noon Friday. According to the report, a University student had a parking pass stolen from his scooter. The parking pass was worth $65.
  • Theft was reported at Grange Grove, 1402 S. First St., around 4 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, two jackets and a backpack left unattended in a public area were stolen. The jackets and backpack had a total estimated value of $185.

• Domestic battery was reported in the 1200 block of Fairlawn Drive, around 4 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender, who was under the influence of alcohol, tried to hit the victim with a butchered sheep’s leg. The victim was also pushed by the offender while arguing about the butchered meat. The offender also pushed his son, who intervened and tried to separate the victim and offender.
  • Burglary was reported in the 1500 block of East Florida Avenue around 4 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender gained entry to the victim’s apartment by entering through an unlocked sliding glass door and prying off two screens. Two firearms, a game console and a television were stolen.
  • Harassment was reported in the 1700 block of East Florida Avenue around 11 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the victim was receiving offensive text messages deemed threatening by an unknown offender.