The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 30

Burglary was reported in the 2100 block of West White Street, around 6 a.m. Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender gained access to the victim’s home through an open window and stole several items.

Theft was reported in the 300 block of East Church Street, around 5 p.m. Friday. According to the report, an exterior air conditioning unit was stolen from the victim’s residency. The victim believes prior tenants stole the air conditioning unit.

Theft from a coin-operated machine was reported in the 2000 block of North Neil Street, around 7 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, approximately $300 in quarters was taken from a weight scale vending machine.

Trespassing was reported at Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, 105 S. Mathews Ave., around 6 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the offender was trespassing on state property. Police were originally called to the scene after a University-contracted construction worker saw the offender try to steal tools. The offender had a previous no trespassing to all University properties.

Theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around 11 a.m. Friday. According to the report, a University employee’s wallet was stolen by an unknown offender. The wallet was unattended in an office space. The unknown offender tried to use the victim’s credit card, but the transactions were declined.

Theft was reported at Altgeld Hall, 1409 W. Green St., around 3 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a University student’s backpack was stolen. The backpack was left unattended in a public area. The contents of the backpack had an estimated value of $1,220.

Criminal damage to property and burglary was reported in the 1700 block of Philo Road, around 2 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged a door of a local business and stole two items of value. No forced entry was apparent.

Domestic battery was reported in the 1000 block of South Smith Road, around noon Saturday. According to the report, two individuals, who are in a relationship together and are both identified as victims and offenders, were in a verbal dispute and threw items at each other. Neither personnel was injured.

Battery was reported at the corner of Mumford and George Huff drives, around noon Sunday. According to the report, two females, who are both being considered victims and offenders, battered each other after a verbal altercation.