The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 11

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Nothing to report.

Vandalism was reported at Taft Hall, 1213 S. Fourth St., around 1 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a resident adviser at the hall found a swastika drawn on the wall of a bathroom stall. The estimated cost for the University Facilities & Services to remove the swastika is $150.

Failure to appear in court was reported in the 100 block of East University Avenue around 4 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender had warrants in both Vermilion County, Illinois, and Piatt County, Illinois, for the same offense. A police officer initially approached the offender after he witnessed suspicious behavior from the offender in an alley behind a local business.

An arrest was made on the charges of criminal damage to property in the 1500 block of Lincolnwood Drive around 6 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect and victim, who are in a relationship and live together, engaged in a verbal argument, after which the offender damaged the victim’s vehicle.

Deceptive practices were reported in the 1800 block of Autumn Ridge Drive around 4 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim received and deposited two cashier’s checks from an unknown offender. The victim then purchased gift cards and sent pictures of the cards via text to the offender, who was conducting an internet scam. 

An arrest was made on the charges of trespassing at Save A Lot, 220 N. Broadway Ave., around 11 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect was arrested after entering the establishment he had previously been banned from. The suspect was subsequently taken to the Champaign County Jail and left in the custody of corrections officers.