The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 14
October 15, 2019
- Assault was reported in the 2100 block of West White Street around 10 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender threatened to kill the victim and her unborn child. The offender then tried to batter the victim but was stopped by someone else.
- Theft was reported in the 300 block of East Green Street around 3 p.m. Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender cut the victim’s bicycle lock and stole the bicycle. The bicycle was located in an apartment garage.
- Theft was reported at the corner of Chalmers and Locust streets around 4 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, two offenders removed a stop sign and stole it. The offenders were located, and the sign was returned to public works.
- Criminal damage to property was reported at the Astronomy Building, 1002 W. Green St., Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke into an office. Nothing was stolen; however, several items were damaged or disturbed. The estimated cost of the damage is $500.
- Theft was reported at University Parking Lot C-6, located at the corner of Fourth and Daniel streets, Thursday. According to the report, a University student had their license plate stolen.
- Public indecency was reported at Veterinary Medicine Basic Sciences Building, 2001 S. Lincoln Ave., around 5 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, a University student reported seeing a man perform an indecent act in the front seat of his car.
- An arrest was reported on the charges of domestic battery in the 300 block of Thompson Street around 10 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim and suspect, who are in a dating relationship, fought over a phone. The suspect then proceeded to bite the victim on the shoulder.
- Burglary was reported in the 1800 block of Cottage Grove around 10 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender broke into the victim’s vehicle and stole money and the spare key to the victim’s other vehicle. The offender then took the other vehicle and got involved in a hit and run.
- Burglary was reported in the 1300 block of North Lincoln Avenue around 4 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim had just returned from a two-day work trip and found his apartment was disrupted. There was no sign of entry and no evidence anything was taken.