The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 17

Back to Article
Back to Article

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Disorderly conduct was reported in the 1100 block of Plymouth Drive, around 8 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim found a note in front of her door, which was threatening in nature. She believes the note is in response to another incident with other tenants in the building.

Theft was reported in the 1700 block of Lakeside Drive, around 3 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim suspects that employees of a cleaning service stole jewelry from her while they cleaned her house.

Domestic battery was reported in the 2600 block of Wedgewood Drive, around 10 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victims were involved in an altercation with the offender, who battered the victims.

Vandalism was reported at Armory, 505 E. Armory Ave., Wednesday. According to the report, a University employee was approached by a University student who reported offensive graffiti in a bathroom stall. The graffiti was removed by the time the incident was reported and it is unknown when the damage occurred.

Burglary was reported in the 400 block of East Daniel Street, Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender gained access to the victim’s vehicle and stole loose change and a music player. It is unknown if the vehicle was locked.

Fraud was reported around 1 p.m. Friday. According to the report, a University student reported someone made a $329 unauthorized charge to his credit card. The student had possession of his card.

Domestic battery was reported in the 2500 block of Prairie Green Drive, around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim and offender, who were previously in a dating relationship, had a physical altercation. The offender choked and battered the victim. The victim then tried to get away from the offender by stabbing him with a screwdriver. 

Theft was reported in the 900 block of East Harding Drive, around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s recreational vehicle.