The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 18

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported in the 1900 block of Moreland Boulevard around 8 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim discovered cash belonging to her church had been stolen from her purse.

Speeding and possession of a controlled substance were reported at the intersection of Interstate 57 and North Market Street around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, during a traffic stop, a K-9 found a small amount of methamphetamine inside the vehicle. 

Theft was reported at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., overnight Tuesday or Wednesday. According to the report, a student reported his bicycle, valued at around $400, was stolen after it was left unlocked and propped up against an exterior wall.

Theft was reported at parking lot E-14, 1625 S. First St., around noon on Sept. 25. According to the report, the man’s electric scooter, valued at around $850, was stolen after being momentarily left unattended.

Financial exploitation of the elderly or disabled was reported in the 2000 block of Amber Lane around 9 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender, a contracted caregiver of the victim, stole money belonging to the victim during her shift.