The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 4

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported around 10 p.m. Friday in the 1000 block of South Mattis Avenue. According to the report, an unknown offender shot at a vehicle parked in a driveway occupied by two victims. Three of the shots struck the car.

Battery was reported around 1 p.m. Saturday in the 00 block of Chalmers Street. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and refused to leave. The victim tried to get the offender to leave, which led to a physical altercation, with the offender biting the victim.

Aggravated battery was reported at Circle K, 2315 W. Springfield Ave., around 1 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, a store clerk was slapped by the offender after the clerk asked the offender to remove his hood, which he refused to do.

An arrest was made around 2 p.m. Friday on the charges of theft in the 00 block of East John Street. According to the report, a University student was issued a notice to appear in court after he was identified as a suspect in the theft of 200 food vouchers at the Illini Union Hotel. The suspect used one voucher, while the rest were recovered.

Fraud was reported Oct. 9. According to the report, a University student found someone had made a $1,100 unauthorized transaction on his credit card while he had the card in his possession.

Battery was reported at Holiday Inn Express, 1003 W. Killarney St., around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim and the offender got into an argument. The offender pulled the victim’s hair and pushed the back of her head during the altercation.

Theft was reported around 3 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of South Vine Street. According to the report, prescription medication and other items belonging to the victim were taken by an unknown offender.

Disorderly conduct was reported at Circle K, 809 W. Green St., around 8 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim was alarmed and offended by an unknown offender who made racial slurs and gestures toward her.