The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 5

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charge of unlawful restraint in the 1700 block of West John Street around 7 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the suspect detained the victim in a closed space during an argument.

Aggravated domestic battery was reported in the 2800 block of Maplewood Drive around 4 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender and victims got into a verbal altercation, during which the offender choked the male victim and pushed the female victim.

Theft of lost or mislaid property was reported at The Red Lion, 211 E. Green St., around 1 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim’s cell phone was stolen at the campus bar. There is no information on an offender at the time.

Nothing to report.

Failure to register as a sex offender was reported in the 600 block of South Poplar Avenue around 2 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the offender came in to annually confirm his sex offender status several months late. The offender was given a notice to appear in court for failure to register and was registered for next year.

An arrest was made on the charges of methamphetamine possession, probation violation and possession of an in-state warrant at Carle Foundation Hospital, 611 W. Park St., around noon Monday. According to the report, when the suspect was arrested on an in-state warrant, officers discovered methamphetamine in her possession.

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 1300 block of Brookstone Court around 8 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s vehicle was vandalized and damaged in five places by an unknown offender.