The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 12

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft was reported in the 1500 block of Centennial Drive, around 5 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s watch from her bedroom while she was in the hospital.

Burglary was reported in the 300 block of East Healey Street, around 6 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s apartment and ransacked the bedroom, damaging a tablet device in the process.

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 1600 block of Sheffield Road, around 2 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the offender broke the windshield and a window of the victim’s vehicle and slashed two tires.

An arrest was made on the charge of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs near Sixth Street and Springfield Avenue, around 5 p.m. Sunday. According to the report, police initially stopped the suspect’s vehicle when he was discovered driving the wrong way down a one-way street.

An arrest was made on the charges of aggravated battery of a police officer, resisting a police officer, obstructing identification and being a fugitive from justice at Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around 7 p.m. Monday. According to the report, library staff called the police to report that the suspect was yelling at students. When police arrived, the suspect refused to identify herself at an officer’s request and resisted attempts by officers to detain and remove her from the library, kicking a police officer as she was being handcuffed. After transporting the suspect to jail, police discovered that she was wanted in Oklahoma for placing bodily fluids on a government employee and resisting arrest.

Theft was reported at Gregory Place East, 700 S. Gregory St., Saturday afternoon. According to the report, several students residing in the same apartment complex reported that merchandise had been stolen from packages outside the complex, with one student finding her package on a stairwell with its contents removed. The total retail value of the stolen merchandise was $423.19.

Theft of lost or mislaid property was reported at Carle Urbana on Windsor, 1818 E. Windsor Road, around 8 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s cell phone was misplaced and may have been taken by an unknown offender.