The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 15

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest was made on the charge of trespassing at Pia’s Sports Bar and Grill, 1609 W. Springfield Ave., around 11 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the suspect refused to leave the business after being told to leave by officers several times.

Deceptive practices was reported in the 100 block of East Green Street around 2 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim lost money by being scammed over the phone by a scam operation believed to have been conducted from China.

Theft was reported in the 3700 block of Colleen Drive around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender, who was a guest in the victim’s apartment, stole a cellular phone, two TVs and a gaming console.

Theft was reported at Campus Recreation Center East, 1102 W. Gregory Drive, around 8 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s backpack, which contained his credit cards, personal identification, cash and other miscellaneous objects valued at $86.95, was stolen while left unattended in a workout area.

Threatening behavior was reported at the Illini Union, 1401 W. Green St., around 3 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victim, who worked at one of the Union’s restaurants, alleged his coworker had made threatening statements toward him.

An arrest was made on the charge of domestic battery in the 1400 block of Beech Street around 5 a.m. Friday. According to the report, the suspect, who is in a romantic relationship with the victim, punched the victim in the face, causing a busted lip.

An arrest was made on the charges of possession of an in-state warrant and a traffic violation in the intersection of Washington and Vine streets around 9 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the officer stopped a vehicle after witnessing a traffic violation. The officer then discovered a passenger inside the vehicle possessed a warrant in Coles County. The suspect was arrested and taken to jail without incident.

Theft was reported at Meijer, 2500 S. Philo Road around 9 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender returned two items he had just selected inside the store to the customer service desk and received payment for the items even though they were never purchased. The offender fled the store after being confronted by a loss prevention officer.