The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 17

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft under $500 was reported in the 2400 block of High View Court around 2 p.m. Jan. 14. According to the report, the victim’s non-prescription medication supplies were stolen after a UPS delivery to an apartment complex’s common area.

Battery and domestic battery was reported in the 1400 block of Mittendorf Drive around 7:30 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a large physical fight broke out among a group of adults after a dispute about baby food.

Theft of a motor vehicle and residential burglary was reported at the intersection of East John Street and Third Street around 3 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim’s car was stolen after the offender entered her apartment and took her car keys.

Nothing to report.

Domestic dispute was reported in the 2400 block of Prairie Green Drive around 10 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender and victim are engaged and were involved in a verbal argument. They are now separated.

Theft was reported in the 1000 block of Kerr Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender hacked the victim’s phone to gain access to the victim’s banking application and steal money.

Theft was reported at Jimmy John’s, 102 E. University Ave., around 2 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, money was missing from a cash drawer.