The Daily Illini police blotter for Jan. 28

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported in the 1800 block of Rebecca Drive around 7 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim’s laptop and the corresponding computer accessory were stolen from the victim’s vehicle while it was unlocked overnight.

Residential burglary was reported in the 600 block of South New Street around 7 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, while the victims’ were gone, an unknown offender entered their residence, damaging a window in the process. The offender stole one piece of electronic equipment, one backpack, two pieces of jewelry and one computer.

An arrest was made on the charges of unlawful restraint, criminal damage to property and aggravated domestic battery in the 1500 block of West Church Street around 8 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim initially reported to the police the suspect had been abusive toward her over the past eight-10 months.

An arrest was made on the charge of trespassing on state-supported property at the Illini Union Bookstore, 809 S. Wright St., around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the suspect, who had previously been issued a no-trespassing notice for all University property, was yelling and laughing excessively near a bank inside the business, alarming personnel.

An arrest was made on the charge of retail theft also at the Illini Union Bookstore around 9 p.m. Jan 21. According to the report, police were called after the suspect was found by store personnel attempting to steal materials worth $18.97 from the business. 

Domestic battery and harassment by electronic communication was reported in the 1700 block of East Florida Avenue around 2 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the victim and offender, who had previously dated and have a child together, got into an argument leading the offender to batter the victim. The offender later sent the victim electronic messages threatening to shoot her.

Retail theft was reported at Aldi, 3102 E. University Ave., around noon Monday. According to the report, the offender is suspected of stealing several food items from the store without making payment.

Forgery was reported in the 700 block of West Sunset Avenue around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown offender used a canceled or stolen check to pay for pizza delivery from a store in Urbana.