Dean appointed director of Institute of Government and Public Affairs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Robin Fretwell Wilson, professor of Law was recently ppointed director of the University Institute of Government and Public Affairs.

Photo courtesy of UI News Bureau

Photo courtesy of UI News Bureau

Photo courtesy of UI News Bureau

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Professor and associate dean Robin Fretwell Wilson was appointed director of the University Institute of Government and Public Affairs, effective Feb. 16.

According to a University of Illinois System press release, the IGPA is a public policy research organization based in all three campuses. IGPA scholars use the latest research methods and work together to evaluate current affairs, ask questions and find solutions to questions that may arise in public policy.

Wilson’s position is also still pending approval by the Board of Trustees on March 12.

“It’s a distinct honor to build on IGPA’s long record of serving the people of Illinois by using evidence-based, nonpartisan research to transform policy and make Illinois a better place for all of us to flourish,” she said.

Before Wilson, the IGPA director position was held by Jon Davis who stepped down Jan. 15 after two years as interim director.

“With the combined strength of our faculty across all three universities in the U of I System, we have tremendous potential to help Illinois meet its current challenges and to make the most of its exceptional strengths and opportunities,” she said.