The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 13

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

A city NTA was issued at Red Lion, 211 E Green St, around 11 p.m. Jan. 31. According to the report, a 19-year-old attempted to use a fraudulent driver’s license, which said she was of legal age to drink alcohol.

Domestic battery was reported in the 2400 block of Neil Street around 11:30 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the police arrived after receiving a call about a domestic battery conflict. The offender was then arrested on separate charges not related to the battery. 

Violation of a protection order was issued at U of I Public Safety Building, 1110 W Springfield Ave, around 1 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the court had ordered the offender to not come in contact with another student after a pattern of troubling behavior. The offender had continued contact even after the order was issued. 

Theft was reported at Thomas M. Siebel Center for Computer Science, 201 Goodwin Ave, between noon and 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s bike, estimated worth at $250, had been stolen from outside the building.

Domestic battery was reported at parking lot F-23, 1101 Florida Ave, around 11 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a witness called the police who said they saw the offender enter a physical altercation with a University student. 

Retail theft was reported at Schnucks, 200 Vine St, around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender had concealed items in her purse and then managed to get past all points of sale without paying for them.  

An arrest was made on the charges of domestic dispute in the 1700 block of Melrose Village around 9 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, officers were called to the apartment for an unknown reason and made contact with the suspect who refused to listen to the officers. The suspect resisted when the officers attempted arrest. The suspect was eventually taken to the local jail. It was later learned the initial call was due to an argument with another resident. 

Criminal damage to property was reported in the 1700 block of Florida Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender got into an argument with the victim. The offender then showed the victim a hatchet in such a way the victim felt threatened. The offender struck the victim’s front door with the hatchet after the victim locked themself in their house.