The Daily Illini police blotter for May 18

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

Theft over $500 was reported on the 600 block of East University Avenue at around 11:37 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the offender stole the victim’s package from the mail room. The package contained electronic equipment.

An arrest was made on the charge of motor vehicle theft on the 2200 block of North Market Street at around 9:23 a.m. on Sunday. According to the report, the sheriff’s office responded to a suspicious vehicle call for service. Upon arrival, the male driver admitted to stealing the vehicle from Champaign Red Cross three days prior. The sheriff arrested the offender.

Theft over $500 was reported on the 600 block of East University

Nothing to report.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 300 block of South Broadway Street around 5:05 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim’s bicycle was submitted online as missing.

Theft $500 and under was reported on the 200 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue around 5:27 p.m. on Saturday. According to the report, the victim’s USPS package containing electronic devices was stolen.