Krannert Art Museum to re-open mid-August

The Krannert Art Museum sits on August 20, 2016. The museum opened a new exhibit on Nov. 5 entitled “Bea Nettles: Harvest of Memory.”

By Aliza Majid, Staff Writer

Krannert Art Museum is prepared to open to the public at 10 a.m. on Aug. 19 with new safety measures in order to follow basic health precautions.

The exhibitions will have added hand sanitizer stations, mask requirements, and a new timed online reservation system in order to abide by social distancing guidelines. The museum has an information page that includes health and safety tips and guidelines visitors can reference as well.

The timed reservation system allows 12 individuals to enter the museum every hour, but walk-in visitors may be able to enter the galleries if space is available.

KAM’s will have new visiting hours for the upcoming reopening plan in order to help with the health precautions. The museum will be open on Tuesday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., with late Thursdays until 7 p.m. once classes begin at the end of August.

The auditorium and classrooms will not be used in the fall semester and the Espresso Royale Cafe will be closed for the summer. 

There are three exhibitions planned for the fall and the titles are as follows: Homemade, with love: more living room, Pressing Issues: Printmaking as Social Justice in the 1930s US, and Bea Nettles: Harvest of Memory.