The Daily Illini police blotter for Oct. 16

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Theft over $500 was reported on the 800 block of South Oak Street around 5 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s bicycle after cutting the lock off. 

Motor vehicle theft was reported on the 1500 block of North Neil Street around 11 p.m. on Monday. According to the report, the victim called the police to report his vehicle stolen. The victim’s girlfriend is believed to be in possession of the vehicle and has not returned it. 

An arrest was made on the charge of aggravated assault and trespassing around 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the offender threatened an MTD bus driver with a metallic weapon believed to be a knife. The offender had trespassed previously, and was located nearby and arrested.

Fraud was reported on campus on Wednesday. According to the report, a University student reported that someone had fraudulently used their name, birthdate and Social Security to purchase a cell phone contract. The fraud was discovered after the student noticed that their credit report showed a bill for $7,252.24 to a cell phone company. 

Theft under $500 was reported on the 300 block of South Broadway Avenue around 1:30 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender stole the victim’s bicycle.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 700 block of North Busey Avenue around 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 6. According to the report, an unknown offender damaged tires on the victim’s vehicle. 

Theft of a motor vehicle was reported on the 500 block of South Vine Street around 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered a locked vehicle at an Urbana car dealership and removed the vehicle from the lot without authorization.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 200 block of Crystal Lake Drive around midnight on Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender threw a concrete block through the victim’s RV window.