The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 13

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Aggravated discharge of a firearm and murder in the first degree were reported on the 600 block of East Eureka Street around 5 p.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender shot the victim from outside the victim’s residence. The bullet struck the victim in the chest, and he was pronounced dead at the scene.

Theft of a motor vehicle was reported on the 3400 block of High View Court around 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, two vehicles were stolen from an apartment complex parking lot. It was reported that both vehicles were towed out of the parking lot at different times of the day.

Aggravated battery and criminal damage to property were reported on the 400 block of Edgebrook Drive around 11:32 a.m. on Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect was trying to hit a Black male with her vehicle and drove into a dog park fence. The victim had followed the suspect out of the apartment before the incident had occurred.

Nothing to report.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 800 block of Oakland Avenue around 1:49 a.m. on Thursday. According to the report, the offender entered multiple unlocked vehicles without permission and committed a theft. The offender has been identified but not located at the time of this report. 

Aggravated discharge of a firearm was reported at the intersection of Elm Street and Coler Avenue around 2:49 a.m. on Friday. According to the report, an unknown offender discharged a firearm in an unknown direction.