Vaccines appointments begin for University staff
January 29, 2021
The Champaign-Urbana Public Health District announced that COVID-19 vaccine appointments are now available for selected in-person education employees.
The first round of eligible education personnel include:
- In-person employees at the Childhood Development Lab
- In-person employees at University High School
- In-person employees at University Primary School
- In-person employees at Orchard Downs Preschool
- Instructors teaching at least one in-person class for the Spring 2021 semester
- In-person researchers located at sites designated for SHIELD-related saliva collection, research development and/or COVID-19 response; sites contracted for state and local community engagement
- In-person Facilities & Services employees
- In-person Housing/Student Affairs employees
- In-person Technology Services employees
- In-person Division of Intercollegiate Athletics employees
According to Chancellor Robert Jones, the University believes that “the remaining University employees working in person not listed above will be the next group to receive vaccine appointments.”
Another 857 people in Champaign County received the first dose of a vaccine on Saturday.
So far, 11.2% of the Champaign County population has been administered a dose of a vaccine, with 1.85% having received two doses. Essential frontline workers are the new target of the vaccine initiative in the county. In all of Illinois, about 1.63% of the population is fully vaccinated.
For questions regarding the distribution of the vaccine, contact CUPHD by phone (217-239-7877) or email ([email protected]).