City of Champaign reopens facilities to community
June 1, 2021
The City of Champaign is reopening City facilities to the public beginning Tuesday as the State of Illinois transitions into the Bridge to Phase 5 stage of the Restore Illinois plan.
The following City facilities will reopen as follows, except City holidays:
- City Building: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Police Station: Sunday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 10 p.m.
- Public Works: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Fire Station 1-Administration: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fire Station 1-Building Safety Division: Monday-Friday 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
“With the move to the Bridge Phase of the Restore Illinois plan and lower COVID-19 positivity rates in Champaign County, it was determined to be safe to welcome the public back into City facilities,” said Jeff Hamilton, communications manager for the City of Champaign, in a press release.
Clear partitions have been installed at customer service counters and commonly touched surfaces are disinfected “frequently,” according to the press release.
People who request in-person customer service at City facilities will be required to wear masks, as vaccination statuses of the public will be unknown.
For individuals who prefer not to observe the mask requirement, customer service will be offered by phone, email, virtual meetings or through the City’s website.