Lollapalooza returns after one-year hiatus

A+golf+cart+drives+past+a+Lollapalooza+sign+outside+an+entrance+near+East+Ida+B.+Wells+Drive+and+South+Michigan+Avenue+on+Tuesday+in+Chicago.+The+four-day+festival+starts+Thursday+after+a+year+long+hiatus.+

Photo Courtesy of Armando L. Sanchez/Chicago Tribune/TNS

A golf cart drives past a Lollapalooza sign outside an entrance near East Ida B. Wells Drive and South Michigan Avenue on Tuesday in Chicago. The four-day festival starts Thursday after a year long hiatus.

By Amrita Bhattacharyya, Interim Editor-in-Chief

The Lollapalooza music festival will take place Thursday to Sunday in Grant Park, Chicago, after being called off last year due to COVID-19. 

This year, patrons are required to bring a printed copy of their vaccine card, vaccine record or negative COVID-19 test. Those who are unvaccinated will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their time onsite. 

Patrons are also required to comply with the Lollapalooza Fan Health Pledge, which asks festival-goers to not attend if they have tested positive within 14 days of the festival, or been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, have experienced any COVID-19 symptoms within 48 hours prior to the festival, or have traveled to any international territory within 14 days prior to the festival which are subject to quarantine advisories.

The festival kicks off Thursday morning at 12 p.m. with artists Tristan Simone and DJ Mel.