University announces vice chancellor for Administration, Operations

Michael+DeLorenzo+poses+for+a+photo+in+2007.+DeLorenzo+was+recently+named+the+vice+chancellor+for+Administration+and+Operations+Designate+at+Illinois.+

Photo Courtesy of Illinois News Bureau

Michael DeLorenzo poses for a photo in 2007. DeLorenzo was recently named the vice chancellor for Administration and Operations Designate at Illinois.

By Amrita Bhattacharyya, Interim Editor-in-Chief

The University has hired Michael DeLorenzo as the vice chancellor for Administration and Operations Designate, which will take effect Monday. 

DeLorenzo currently serves as the senior associate chancellor for Administration and Operations at the University. In this role, he oversaw administrations such as the Division of Public Safety, Facilities and Services and the Illinois Fire Safety Institute. 

In his new position, DeLorenzo will also add Allerton Mansion and the Chicago Illini Center to his portfolio, among others. 

DeLorenzo will continue his position as the chair of the COVID-19 Executive Leadership Committee.

“In addition to his already extensive portfolio, he has been the driving force behind the University’s reputation for COVID-19 safety and innovation,” said Chancellor Robert Jones in a Massmail released Aug. 5. “His discerning judgment, collaborative approach, adaptability, understanding of the University and relationships with community partners have guided every facet of our pandemic response.”