The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 25

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

An arrest on charges of retail theft was made at Walmart, 2610 N. Prospect Ave., around 1 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the 25-year-old male concealed merchandise and attempted to leave the store.

An arrest on charges of driving under the influence of alcohol was made on the 2500 block of West Springfield Avenue around 1 a.m. Thursday. According to the report, the 34-year-old male was asleep behind the wheel, he had a breath alcohol level over the legal limit and his vehicle was impounded.

An arrest on charges of deceptive practices was made at First Federal Savings, 1311 S. Neil St., around 3 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the 18-year-old female deposited a stolen, fraudulent check into her checking account. She was interviewed and arrested.

A fire was reported at Illinois Street Residence Halls, 918 W. Illinois St., around 8:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the Urbana Fire Department extinguished the trash fire, which someone had caused by improperly disposing of smoking materials.

Theft was reported at Goodwill, 114 N. Vine St., around 5:30 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a jacket and wallet belonging to the victim. Suspect information and surveillance video were unavailable at the time of report.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 100 block of South Gregory Street around 5 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s unlocked vehicle and took property from inside.

Residential burglary was reported on the 100 block of Grossbach Drive around 4 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender forced entry into the victim’s residence and took property.