Police Blotter for Sept. 12

A theft was reported at Target located on the 2100 block of North Prospect Avenue around 2:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, the arrestee was apprehended by security for shoplifting. She was taken to the Champaign County Jail and charged with retail theft.

A domestic battery was reported on the 1900 block of McDonald Drive around 3:30 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the couple are in a dating relationship and got into an altercation that turned physical.

A student was arrested for theft at the Illini Union Bookstore around 5 p.m. Monday. According to the report, she attempted to leave the store without paying for assorted merchandise valued at around $260.

A student was issued a state of Illinois notice to appear in court for retail theft at the Illini Union Bookstore around 5:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, he attempted to leave the store without paying for clothing valued at around $125.

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1200 block of Division Avenue around 11 a.m. Monday. According to the report, the arrestee damaged a wall inside of a local school. She was taken into custody and transported to the local jail.

Forgery was reported on the 600 block of Stoughton Street around 1:30 p.m. Monday. According to the report, an unknown person gained access to two rent checks from different people and cashed them. It is believed that the checks were stolen from the mailbox they were sent to.

news@dailyillini.com