The Daily Illini police blotter for winter break

By The Daily Illini staff report

Reckless discharge of a firearm was reported on the 00 block of Main Street around 3:30 a.m. Jan. 1. According to the report, the victim attended a house party and was unknowingly shot in the foot.

Battery was reported at Brothers Bar and Grill, 613 E. Green St., around 3 a.m. Jan. 1. According to the report, the offenders battered each other at the bar and did not want to pursue charges against each other.

Criminal sexual assault was reported on the 00 block of Main Street around 11:30 a.m. Jan. 2. According to the report, a third-party sexual assault report was made by a nurse at Central DuPage Hospital with Winfield Police. The assault occurred somewhere in Champaign and the victim did not wish to provide more information.

Disorderly conduct was reported near the intersection of Fourth and Chalmers streets around 1 a.m. Thursday According to the report, the victim was approached by and asked for money by two unknown offenders. The victim gave them $40, believing he would be robbed otherwise, and the offenders left.

Theft was reported at the Police Training Institute, 609 E. Curtis Road, Wednesday regarding a handgun that had been stolen sometime after December 2016. According to the report, the University employee reported that the handgun, with an estimated value of $400, was taken from the shooting range. It is missing from a secure area but may have been loaned out to a PTI student since the Dec. 2016 inventory.

An arrest was made on the 2600 block of North Prospect Avenue around 4:30 p.m. Jan. 9. According to the report, the 18-year-old male was identified as one of the four people involved in the attempted robbery of a University student at around 5:30 p.m. Jan. 8 between the Illini Union and Altgeld Hall on the 1400 block of West Green Street. The student reported to have been approached by four people, struck with a brick and transported to an area hospital with a non-life-threatening injury. The three others involved are juveniles and were arrested.

An arrest for theft was reported on Interstate 74 near Mansfield, Illinois, around 5 p.m. Friday. According to the report, the University employee stole a bicycle with an estimated value of $125 from the Electrical and Computer Engineering Building.

An arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol was reported at McDonald’s, 601 N. Cunningham Ave., around 4:30 a.m. Jan. 1. According to the report, the arrestee was found asleep behind the wheel of his vehicle while in the drive-thru lane of McDonald’s. The offender also provided a false name in an attempt to evade officers.

Theft was reported at Wesley Foundation, 1203 W. Green St. ,around 1 p.m. Jan. 4. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s wallet while she was making food donations at a local church.

An arrest for observed resistance was reported on the 1100 block of Cunningham Avenue around 11 a.m. Jan. 4. According to the report, the arrestee was uncooperative and was not leaving the hotel. When attempting to find a safe place to take the arrestee, she attempted to go back into the hotel room and tried to push past a police officer.

An arrest for aggravated battery and assault was reported at Rainbow Garden, 202 E. University Ave., around 8:30 p.m. Jan. 5. According to the report, the arrestee was intoxicated and got into a physical altercation with the victim, attempting to use a knife on the victim in the restaurant.

An arrest for retail theft was reported at Schnucks, 200 N. Vine St., around 3 p.m. Jan. 6. According to the report, the arrestee, who was extremely intoxicated, entered the business and stole a food item.

Disorderly conduct was reported on the 2600 block of Wadsworth Lane around 3:30 p.m. Jan. 8. According to the report, the unknown offender threw eggs at the victim’s residence, which struck the stone work of her garage.

Sexual assault was reported on the 1300 block of North Lincoln Avenue around 1:30 p.m. Jan. 9. According to the report, the offender forced the survivor to have sex with him.