The Daily Illini police blotter for Feb. 22

By The Daily Illini staff report

Criminal damage to property was reported on the 1400 block of Joanne Lane around 1 p.m. on Feb. 14. According to the report, the victim returned to their home and found their back door was damaged. No entry into the home was reported.

Burglary was reported on the 2500 block of West Springfield Avenue around 10 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim interrupted the suspect while they were trying to steal either the victim’s car or the contents within the car.

Harassment was reported on the 1200 block of Waverly Drive around 7 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim received a death threat from the offender on social media.

Theft was reported at the ARC, 201 E. Peabody Drive, around 9 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University student’s jacket, scarf and keys were stolen from a locker. It is not known whether the locker was secured or not. The items were valued at $750.

Theft was reported at an unknown location Tuesday. According to the report, a University student lost their wallet between Tuesday and Thursday. The wallet was lost at either the Student Dining and Residential Programs Building or Foellinger Auditorium. The student received a message from another student Wednesday stating the wallet was outside of the other student’s apartment. When the reporting student went to retrieve the wallet on Thursday, the items were missing.

Theft was reported at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Road, around 1 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the suspect stole an item from the store and concealed it in a computer bag, but they were apprehended by the loss prevention team. The suspect fled before police arrived to the scene.

Theft was reported at Urbana Free Library, 210 W. Green St., around 3 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim submitted an online theft report for a backpack containing a wallet left behind at the library. The backpack and wallet were recovered, but any money contained within the wallet was missing. There is no suspect at the moment.