The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 19

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported at Olive Garden, 30 E. Anthony Dr., around 8 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole a backpack, keys and a personal computer from the victim’s unlocked vehicle.

Threats of terrorism were reported at Amazon Logistics, 2901 Boardwalk Dr., around 9 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an employee reported that a fellow employee had threatened to shoot up the business.

Theft was reported at Express Employment Professionals, 1001 N. Mattis Ave., around 2 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, rather than showing up to work, a temporary employee had instead been forging his time cards.

Theft was reported at Mechanical Engineering Laboratory, 105 S. Mathews Ave., between 4-6:30 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the student’s computer, valued at around $720, was stolen when it was left unattended in a shared office.

Vandalism was reported at Foreign Languages Building, 707 S. Mathews Ave., around 6 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, a student found an offensive phrase written on the inside of a bathroom stall in the building. The writing was removed shortly after being reported.

Theft was reported at Broadway Food Hall, 401 N. Broadway Ave., around 4 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender stole the victim’s cell phone at the business.

An arrest was made on the charges of retail theft at Walmart, 100 S. High Cross Rd., around 12 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, two suspects stole 16 food items and one item of clothing when they didn’t scan or pay for all of their merchandise at a self-checkout register.