The Daily Illini police blotter for Sept. 27

Lieutenant Joseph McCullough investigates a traffic violation on Friday, Sep. 23 2016.

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Domestic dispute and criminal damage to property were reported in the 300 block of West Maple Street, around 11 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the offender returned home intoxicated. Upon discovering the house was locked, the offender broke the glass back door to enter, cutting his arm on the glass. The victim, who is the offender’s mother, drove the offender to the hospital and afterward called the police to file a report and press charges.

Battery was reported in the 500 block of West Kirby Avenue, around 7 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim was battered by a group of unknown offenders while walking through a park. The victim was uncooperative with police and no further information could be gathered.

An arrest was made on the charges of domestic battery in the 100 block of East Church Street, around 7 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, two people claimed they were struck by the other suspect. Both had visible injuries, and both suspects were arrested.

Nothing to report.

Forgery was reported at Davis Electric, 1212 E. University Ave., around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender cashed six forged checks totaling over $13,000 using the victim’s routing number.

Criminal defacement of property was reported in the 100 block of West Main Street, around 2 p.m. Wednesday. According to the report, an unknown offender marked the victim’s property with paint without permission.

Identity theft was reported in the 1000 block of Clark Street, around 11 a.m. Wednesday. According to the report, the victim’s credit card information was used by an unknown offender to make purchases. The victim’s bank brought the charges to the victim’s attention and requested that a report be filed.