The Daily Illini police blotter for Nov. 18

By The Daily Illini Staff Report

Domestic battery was reported in the 2500 block of Springfield Avenue, around 4 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender battered the victim after kicking down her door and getting into her apartment. 

Aggravated assault was reported in the 1200 block of Providence Court, around 11 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the victim was threatened by the offender with a revolver. Her vehicle was also damaged.

Aggravated domestic battery was reported in the 1200 block of North Champaign Street, around 10 a.m. Saturday. According to the report, the victim was battered by the offender, the father of her child. The victim tried to follow the offender by car, but the offender ran her off the road, making her crash. The offender also stole the victim’s cell phone.

Theft was reported outside Grainger Engineering Library, 1301 W. Springfield Ave., around 2 p.m. Saturday. According to the report, a University student had arranged to sell a laptop to someone he met on social media. The person requested the student pass the laptop through a car window, while he stayed in the car. The person drove off after the student completed his request. 

Criminal damage to property was reported in the Architecture Building, 608 Loredo Taft Drive, around 8 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, a University employee heard a loud noise in the hallway. When she checked to see what it was, she found four people trying to fix a broken door panel. She called the police and the four offenders left the scene.

Theft was reported at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Building, 306 N. Wright St., around 1 p.m., Friday. According to the report, a wallet inside a backpack belonging to a University student was stolen. The student was napping in a study area when the incident occurred.

Domestic battery was reported in the 1600 block of Wiley Drive, around 10 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim claimed the offender, whom she is in a dating relationship with, became physical during an argument; however, the victim and offender’s daughter did not witness anything, and there were no injuries reported.

Domestic dispute was reported in the 1300 block of Ivanhoe Way, around 6 a.m. Sunday. According to the report, the victim and offender engaged in a verbal argument, resulting in the victim asking the offender to leave. The offender left after damaging shared property.

Burglary was reported in the 900 block of Colorado Avenue, around noon Saturday. According to the report, an unknown offender removed the victim’s wallet from the victim’s unlocked vehicle.