The Daily Illini police blotter for Aug. 24

Back to Article
Back to Article

By The Daily Illini staff report

Theft over $500 and criminal damage to property were reported on the 300 block of Elmwood Drive around 1 p.m. on Aug. 10. According to the report, the victim reported the lessee of her rental property removed appliances and damaged property during the time she was a tenant.

Retail theft was reported at Meijer, 2401 N. Prospect Ave., around 1 p.m. Tuesday. According to the report, a male concealed three liquor bottles inside his backpack and left the store without making any attempt to pay for the items. He has not yet been located.

Residential burglary was reported on the 100 block of Chalmers Street around 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. According to the report, the victims returned to their apartment after an extended absence and discovered it was burglarized.

Nothing to report.

An arrest was made on the charges of domestic battery on the 500 block of Crystal Lake Drive around 1 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, the offender came to the victim’s residence seeking money for their children. When the victim refused, the arrestee damaged the residence and hit the victim with a chair.

An arrest was made on the charges of electronic communication and driving under a revoked license near Broadway Avenue and Water Street. According to the report, the arrestee was manipulating his cellphone while operating a motor vehicle on a public roadway. After the traffic stop, it was discovered that he had a revoked driver’s license. The arrestee was taken into custody and transported to the Champaign County jail.

Burglary from a motor vehicle was reported on the 1300 block of East Green Street around 3:30 p.m. Thursday. According to the report, an unknown offender entered the victim’s vehicle and removed property belonging to the victim’s business.